Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Perfect Soft Boiled Egg


The other day, my family and I were watching America's Test Kitchen on pbs, (obviously drooling) and we learned the foolproof method to make the perfect soft boiled egg. I turned to my mom and said, "pfft I'm sure that doesn't work." So the next day I tried it for breakfast, still not entirely sure if it would work. But lo and behold it did!
Here is the foolproof method for making soft boiled eggs:

Procedure:
1. In a pot, cover the bottom of the pan with one inch of water.
2. Bring it to a boil, and then add as many eggs as you'd like.
3. Cover the pot with a lid and then wait 6 and a half minutes.
4. Drain the hot water, and rinse the eggs with cold water.

Voila, you have a foolproof method of making soft boiled eggs. And the best part of this method is is that you can use as many eggs as you want, and the amount of water and the time it takes remains the same! Note that I couldn't find those egg holder thingies, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it!

Enjoy!
-Sema