Saturday, October 18, 2014

Gluten-free Halloween Lollipops!

Hello everyone! Halloween is coming up, so that means: themed snacks!! I found this kit at Walmart, and I noticed that I had to supply the cookie part, so I figured I could make it gluten-free!  It was quite simple, although the bag I used to put in the candy coating did break. But that obstacle did not deter me from making these really cute gluten-free Halloween Lollipops.

Ingredients:
1Wilton Halloween Candy Melt Kit.
1 pack of gluten-free oreo-like cookies (I used KinniToos)

Procedure:
1. Add the candy melts into the provided baggy, and loosely close the end.
2. Put it in the microwave and heat it for a minute. Knead the bag. 3.Put it in for intervals of 30 seconds, and knead it until it's fully melted.
4. Cut the tip of the baggy.
5. Insert the lollipop stick into the middle of the cookie.
6. Squeeze the candy melt into the mold, about 2/3 full. (make sure you don't put in too much)
7. Smooth it out with a spoon or your finger.
8. Insert the cookie into the mold, and allow it to go up over the sides.
9. Let it sit while you finish the rest, you can either leave it out or put it in the fridge for a bit. (I just let it sit out, and it hardened just fine.)
10. Use the leftover melted candy like a glue, and put on the candy face accessories.
11. Package it, or just leave it out! I used the name tags to make it personable.

Voila! You have a gluten-free snack that wasn't even made to be gluten-free :) 
-Sema