Sunday, May 3, 2015

Easy Candied Walnuts

Tomorrow I have my first AP test for this semester, so I will be spending the majority of today reviewing environmental science. I think the best way to stay motivated with studying is with study snacks! Today I really didn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when I needed to be going over all the material, prompting me to make candied walnuts. This 4-ingredient snack takes about 5 minutes to make, and will satisfy your sweet cravings!

Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon-1 tablespoon of cinnamon (depending on how much of a cinnamon-y taste you want)

Procedure
1. Melt the butter in a small pot.
2. Add the sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon.
3. Stir everything together (keep stirring so nothing burns) until the sugar has caramelized and coated the walnuts.
4. Immediately transfer the walnuts to a plate, separating them. If you just leave it in the pot, you'll have a huge clump of walnuts!

Voila! You candied walnuts and have the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Enjoy!
-Sema