Sunday, August 16, 2015

Easy Grilled Fish

While I was in Norway, I got to try all different kinds of fish in all different kinds of recipes. I ate fish soup, boiled fish, fried fish, and grilled fish. (You could say I ate a lot of fish this summer.) Today I was in the mood for grilled salmon, and it was absolutely delicious! It took five minutes to prep, and once it was cooking, I could forget about it until it was done.

Ingredients
Frozen salmon filets
Sour cream
Dill or Savory
Unsalted butter

Procedure
1. Take a square of aluminum foil and lay it out on the counter.
 2. Take a spoonful of sour cream and spread it out on the aluminum foil (enough to cover the bottom of the fish).
3. Lay the dill or savory (whichever herb you are in the mood for, I used savory) along with two thin slices of unsalted butter on top of the sour cream.
 4. Put the salmon filet over your choice of herbs and butter.
5. Cover the top of the filet with more sour cream.
6. Fold the aluminum foil like a burrito-so that it covers the salmon.
7. Set it on the grill for about 20-30 minutes or until it's done.

Voila! You have a delicious dinner that didn't take too long to prep! While it's on the grill, you can cook some rice and make a side-salad. I also paired the fish with thousand island dressing, and garnished it with parsley.


Enjoy!
-Sema