Thursday, January 5, 2017
Gluten-free Jam Thumbprint Cookies
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 3/4 cup of gluten-free flour (I used Outrageous Baking flour.)
2 softened sticks unsweetened butter
Jam (I used homemade blackberry jam.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together. Add in the vanilla and egg.
3. Mix in the flower and baking powder until you reach a cookie dough consistency.
4. Depending the size you want the cookies to be, section off the cookie dough and roll it into little balls.
5. With your thump, create an indentation deep enough to fit the jam. Carefully fill the indentation with the jam.
6. Bake them in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookie becomes golden brown. I found that over-baking them made them a little crumbly, so create a test batch in the beginning!
Voila! You have a fancier version of the sugar cookie!