Tuesday, February 28, 2017

DIY Snack: Crackers and Cucumbers

While the majority of my midterms are over, college life never really seems to slow down. Each week brings a new challenge that I must learn to overcome (the majority of these challenges come in the form of papers and problem sets). While I could resort to eating junk food (which I am not going to lie, I definitely did on occasion), the aftermath of eating chips and chocolate isn't quite as much fun as the actual eating part. That's why today's DIY college snack edition features a simple combination of cucumbers, crackers, cream cheese, and pepper.

For the crackers, I used the Gratify Sesame Thins, as they are not only my favorite snack but pair very well with the cream cheese. I got a pepper packet from the dining hall, and added a cucumber that I bought from the little market we have on campus. I recommend keeping a cutting board and sharp knife in your dorm room, as it allows you to eat fresh produce instead of consuming everything out of a plastic box.

While this seems like a very simple idea, it is a ~classier~ alternative to chips. It also doesn't take too much thought to make them, but you still get to enjoy a delicious snack that is much healthier than just grabbing a bag of chips!

Enjoy!
-Sema