Saturday, September 21, 2013

Gluten-Free Apps?


The big topic of news in the technological world at the moment seems to be the new iOS7 on the iPhone. I know you're thinking: what does that have to do with food? Hang on, I'm getting there. Right when I got my iPhone, I immediately searched for apps that would help with my diet, preferably free. I came across two which I use when I am out and about.

The first one is called Find Me Gluten Free. It gives all the locations with gluten-free menus by location or address. It is extremely helpful when I am out with friends and they ask me where I can eat. I also like how it includes the number of the restaurant, allowing me to inquire further about their menus. You can filter your choices, allowing for you to narrow your search. 


 The second app is called Gluten Free Restaurant Items. This app allows me to see the gluten-free items at a number of restaurants (so helpful for planning ahead.) It doesn't list EVERY restaurant out there, but covers a large number of both fast-food, steakhouse, etc. type of restaurant. (You won't be finding super high-class restaurants in this app.) 


Enjoy!
-Sema