Sunday, January 18, 2015

Easy Gluten-free Tomato Soup

Today I was in the mood for tomato soup, so for lunch that's exactly what I made :). This recipe is very easy, and you can easily impress your friends with your culinary abilities! So here it is, the easiest, most delicious tomato soup recipe! *drum roll please* (I have also included a DIY bread sticks recipe!)

The Soup
Ingredients
1 can tomatoes (I used our own canned tomatoes.)








1.5 cup broth (I used chicken broth.)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parsley/basil for garnish
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons tomato paste diluted in about a 1/2 cup water

Procedure
1. Mix the broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan at medium heat.
2. Once it starts bubbling, add the heavy whipping cream.
3. Let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes and season with salt and pepper!
4. Use a hand-held blender and puree the soup.
5. Garnish with parsley or basil (I used parsley).

The Bread Sticks
Ingredients
2 slices of gf bread
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
Shredded/sliced cheese (I used chedder.)

Procedure
1. Toast the bread until has a golden color. While you're doing that, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the bread into thin slices.
3. Chop up the garlic and add it to the bread slices.
4. Drizzle each slice with olive oil.
5. Add the cheese, covering each slice.
6. Bake until the cheese is melted. I let it bake a little after that to make it crunchier.

I ended up making two batches, because my younger brother loved it so much!

Voila, you have bread sticks and tomato soup!
Enjoy!
-Sema

LOOK AT THIS DELICIOUSNESS