Sunday, July 23, 2017

French Onion Dip

I was craving chips and dip yesterday, but didn't feel like going to the grocery store to pick up a dip so I decided to make it myself! It didn't take too long, and allowed me to control what I wanted going into the dip. Sometimes it's easier to make the food yourself instead of going out to buy it! This dip was the perfect accompaniment to potato chips and a good Netflix marathon. 

Ingredients
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise 
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure
1. Caramelize the onions in olive oil and set them aside to cool.
2. Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and cooled onions.
3. Add in your salt and pepper.

That's it! Now you have a delicious dip for your potato chips that didn't take too long from your Netflix marathon (staying inside is the best way to beat this 100+ F heat).

Enjoy!
-Sema