Sunday, September 10, 2017

Gluten-free at LouFest!

Yesterday I went to LouFest (a St. Louis based music festival) for the first time ever! I've lived in St. Louis practically my whole life, but this year was the first year I went--and I had a blast. Beforehand I did browse the rules in terms of whether or not to bring a small bag of food, and after reading their guidelines I found that you could bring food as long as it was accompanied by a doctor's note. Realizing that I did not want to lug around a lunchbox (it didn't quite go with the outfit), I instead decided that if there absolutely wasn't anything I could easily leave for dinner and come back for the conclusion of the music acts (I absolutely could not miss Snoop Dogg.) It didn't even have to come to that though, and I enjoyed delicious tacos from Mission Taco, and scouted a few stands that had gluten-free options. This made my LouFest experience much better, as I didn't have to leave the venue to eat!

When you are planning to go to events like LouFest, always make sure that you know where you are going to eat. In this case I knew that I would be able to leave the venue to eat, but if that wasn't an option, I would have definitely brought a sandwich or some snacks. Going hungry should never be an option as it takes away from your experience at the music festival. In this case I was pleasantly surprised at the amount I could eat and will definitely be back next year!

-Sema