Sunday, September 24, 2017

My Favorite Study Snack


It is Sunday evening, and I can already tell it's going to be a busy week. With several assignments due and quizzes in almost every class, I know that I'll have to work extra hard, which means I have to plan ahead when it comes to snacks. There are days when I'm so busy that I completely forget to eat, and that never ends well. I become lightheaded and hangry, losing my concentration that I so desperately need. That's why I love this chex mix recipe! It's not as unhealthy as chips, and I can grab a bag of it as I walk out the door in the morning, ensuring that I always have a snack on me.

Ingredients
4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
1 1/2 cups Gluten-free bagel chips (I used Glutino)
1 1/2 cups Gluten-free pretzels (I used Snyder's)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 tablespoons melted butter


Procedure
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and Worcestershire Sauce.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cereal, bagel chips, and pretzels.
5. Slowly mix in the melted butter mix into the large mixing bowl.
6. Spread everything out onto the baking tray.
7. Bake the Chex Mix in the oven for about 30 minutes, stirring it every 10 minutes.
8. Let it cool down.

Enjoy!
-Sema