It's been snowing on and off for the last few weeks, and last night we got a lot of snow! (Of course the snow couldn't have waited until tonight, so that we'd get a snow day tomorrow...) To counteract the extremely cold weather outside, I decided we needed something spicy for dinner. I love spicy chicken wings, as they are pretty easy to make as well as delicious to eat! I could have just used a ready made gluten free buffalo wing sauce, but instead I used this recipe (shout out to my dad for teaching me this!). You can add any side dish, and I decided to go with boiled potatoes, rutabaga (a Swedish turnip), and carrots, as well as a side salad.
3 lbs chicken wings
Gluten-free soy sauce
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread the chicken wings on an oven safe pan.
3. Sprinkle a little bit of soy sauce and honey mustard over the wings.
4. Add 1/2 a cup of buffalo wing sauce.
5. Sprinkle a dash of black pepper and 1 tspn Italian seasoning.
6. Now for the fun part! Treat your chicken wings to a spa treatment by massaging all the ingredients in!
7. Put the wings into the oven for about 30 minutes.
8. After about 30 minutes, set the oven to 400 degrees and flip the chicken wings over.
9. Put them back into the oven for another 30 minutes, or until done.
Voila! You have spicy chicken wings!