Monday, October 7, 2013

Homecoming dinner!



It's that time of the year! It was homecoming this weekend, and I had a spectacular time. Before the dance, we headed to the Elephant Bar. I was unfortunately unable to take pictures of my dinner, as the lights were too dim.

This is what I ordered (I HIGHLY recommend it):
When you go in, remember  to ask for the gluten-free menu. Even though there are a few selections labeled gluten-free on the menu, there is a separate sheet listing items you can substitute the wheat items for.

To check out a few of their options go to:http://www.elephantbar.com/menu/glutenfree There were salad options as well, but I was in the mood for something a bit "fancier." 
For dessert, the only gluten-free item is Creme Brulee (I skipped it as we were stuffed from the delicious dinner.)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Next week I will be heading on a 3 day school orchestra trip to Atlanta, GA.  I may not be able to blog while there, but remember to tune in next week if you want to know how I handled a school trip with the gluten-free diet.