Sunday, March 29, 2015
6 slices of gluten-free bread (I used the BFree white bread, check them out!)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
4 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the gluten-free bread into little squares and them to a bread pan.
3. Sprinkle the raisins and the melted butter over the bread.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk, and white sugar. Mix it well.
5. Add the mixture to the bread pan, completely covering the bread. You may have to push down on the bread to completely submerge it.
6. Bake for about 35 minutes, then take it out and cover it in foil. Put it back in for another 10 minutes.
7. Take it out to cool.
The Vanilla Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine all the ingredients except for the vanilla extract over medium heat in a saucepan.
2. Mix it together until the mixture becomes thick. It will begin to boil, and once it does add the vanilla extract.
3. Mix it a little more and then remove it from the heat.
4. Add the sauce to an individual bowl filled with the bread pudding.
Voila! You have a delicious dessert!
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Do you need dinner fast? Here is a quick and easy fish dinner recipe! You can eat fish cold or warm, grilled, baked, boiled, poached or fried (so many options!). I usually opt for boiling the fish, as it is the healthiest, and in my opinion, most delicious option. When you have learned how to boil fish properly, the end result is a tender, juicy meal! I mean, if you can boil water, you can boil fish!
4 skinless salmon fillets
6-8 cups water
Pinch of salt
4 bay leaves
1. Fill pot with enough water to cover the fish.
2. Add a couple of bay leaves and a pinch of salt.
3. Bring the water to a boil.
4. Add the fish and bring it to a simmer. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
On the side you can add steamed vegetables and brown rice, as I think they complement the fish nicely. Voila, you have a meal (and a really healthy and delicious one too)!
Saturday, March 14, 2015
5 egg yolks
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup softened butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Place a saucepan over low heat, and add the egg yolks and sugar, whisking them together.
2. Stir in the heavy cream until the mixture becomes really thick. (Bring the mixture to a near boil.)
3. Remove it from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature. I used an electric mixer to get rid of any lumps.
4. After it reaches room temperature, mix in the softened butter until you get rid of the lumps.
5. Set it in the fridge so it can get cold.
5 egg whites
1 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and grease your baking pan (I used a round 9 inch form).
2. In a bowl, mix together the egg whites with an electric mixer until they become firm.
3. In a different bowl, mix together the almond meal, confectioners sugar, and the baking powder.
4. Fold the egg whites into the mixture.
5. Pour your batter into your baking pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes! Your cake should spring back when you put your finger on it-it will also get a nice golden color.
7. Let it cool down (and sit down and enjoy the scent of an almond cake). Once cool down , add the frosting!
Look how beautiful it is :').
Add some slivered almonds for garnish, and voila, you have traditional (and tasty) Norwegian almond cake. The best part of the recipe is that it is entirely gluten free!
Sunday, March 8, 2015
Also, happy International Women's Day!
Sunday, March 1, 2015
3 lbs chicken wings
Gluten-free soy sauce
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread the chicken wings on an oven safe pan.
3. Sprinkle a little bit of soy sauce and honey mustard over the wings.
4. Add 1/2 a cup of buffalo wing sauce.
5. Sprinkle a dash of black pepper and 1 tspn Italian seasoning.
8. After about 30 minutes, set the oven to 400 degrees and flip the chicken wings over.
9. Put them back into the oven for another 30 minutes, or until done.
Voila! You have spicy chicken wings!