Monday, March 10, 2014

Betty Crocker's Gluten-free Sugar Cookies


It's still kind of cold where I am, so I can justify making cookies! (Although I think eating cookies is justifiable on its own.) I was looking in my pantry for snacks to munch on while I did hours and hours and hours of homework, and then I thought, why not just make cookies? It was nice to get my mind off the endless stress of school by making wondrous little pieces of goodness.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 stick of softened butter
2 tablespoons of water (the recipe called for one, but I found I needed two)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Sprinkles, dark MMS (or milk chocolate), cinnamon









Procedure:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the butter, water, vanilla, egg, and mix into a bowl.
Stir it like crazy! At first, I found that it was all clumpy and gross, but I just kept mixing and kneading and pounding until I finally achieved a great consistency! (I was pretty skeptical at first.)
Now, I used an ice-cream scoop to scoop out little balls of cookie dough, and I did not flatten them out for the first batch. I added dark chocolate MMS and pressed them carefully into some of the cookies. I also tried adding cinnamon and sprinkles as well.
Look at these little beauties!


















Now, like I said for the first batch, I didn't flatten them out. They were smaller but thicker, and took a little longer to bake. (Bake the cookies until their edges turn a golden brown color, about ten minutes.) I flattened the second batch with the bottom of a cup, and even used a cookie-cutter to make shapes! (A fun activity for younger kids, but just as fun for "older" kids as well.)











Yum~ I have to admit I was munching on some of the dark MMS while I was baking (they are quite spectacular!)









Enjoy!
-Sema