Monday, April 6, 2015

A Quick Trip to Norway

 
Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Norway! Traveling requires preparation, especially if you are on the gluten-free diet. I made sure that before my trip, I packed sandwiches and snacks in a lunch bag, which I then put into my duffel bag. That way, whenever I got hungry on the plane, I wouldn't have to sort through all my things to get to the food. Unfortunately, there were no restaurants with gluten-free items near my gate in the airport in Amsterdam on my return to the US, but I wasn't worried since I was prepared for anything :). My trip was smooth-no delays or cancellations, but I'd rather be safe than sorry (rather too much food than too little)! The food on both the Delta and KLM planes was good (I know, I was surprised too!), so I never went hungry.


I checked with a flight attendant before take-off to make sure that I was getting a gluten-free meal. They came around with a list and put a sticker on my seat that said I was gluten-free. Since it was such a long flight, they served multiple meals. On the way to Norway, breakfast was an Udi's muffin and a banana.



-Sema