Sunday, September 20, 2015
Lemon Sauteed Green Beans (Naturally Gluten-free)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
5 cloves of chopped garlic
5 cups of green beans
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 medium sized chopped tomatoes
1. Add the green beans to a pot and cover them with water.
2. Boil for about 10-15 minutes with the lid on or until they become tender (but be careful to not overcook them).
3. Drain the beans.
4. In a wok pan, add the two tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Add the garlic and let it sit for about 30 seconds on medium heat before you add the green beans.
6. Stir the green beans into the garlic.
7. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of the halves into your mixture.
8. Add the sesame seeds, parsley, salt, pepper, and tomatoes.
9. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes or until done, occasionally stirring.
Voila! You have the perfect side dish to complement any main dish. Your house will smell like lemony goodness, and you'll be able to dress up your otherwise boring green beans!
If you decide to make this dish, be sure to post a picture of it with the hashtag #eatwithoutgluten on Instagram or Facebook, so that I can see your fabulous creation!