Sunday, March 20, 2016
Gluten-free French Onion Soup
1 medium sized yellow onion
1 cup beef broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic
Your choice of cheese
1. Slice the onion into very thin slices, and mince the garlic.
2. In a medium frying pan, heat the butter and add the garlic.
3. Once the garlic produces a fragrance, add the onion.
4. Caramelize the onion, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the broth, water, and caramelized onion to a pot.
6. Stirring occasionally, cook it on medium heat for about 25 minutes, or until done.
7. Add the parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper, and let it simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add it to an oven safe bowl and toast some gluten-free bread (I used the Trader Joe's gluten-free hamburger bread).
9. Float the bread on top and add your choice of cheese on top.
10. Broil it in the oven until the cheese melts.
Voila! You have a delicious french onion soup recipe to battle the cold!