Monday, April 18, 2016

Prom 2016 Recap!

Prom has come and gone once again! I had a wonderful time this year with my friends and date, and of course got to enjoy a delicious meal. When I first approached the school to find out about the menu, they told me that they had already decided on a meal, and this meal was not naturally gluten-free. The only item that was making the meal not gluten-free was the potatoes. Yes, you read that right, the potatoes!
Fortunately, a week later, they came back and informed me that they had decided to eliminate the bread crumbs from the potatoes, making the main course entirely gluten-free. The salad was served with a cracker on top, but they made sure mine never touched the cracker. When I checked in at the front desk at the beginning of prom, I was handed an index card with my name and the words "gluten-free" written on it. I gave this card to the server, who then made sure that everything was gluten-free, as seating was random. I did make sure to double check with the server to make sure that everything I was eating was gluten-free, because no one wants to be sick on prom night!
 The main course consisted of steamed green beans and carrots, chicken with a tasty sauce, and ~fancy~ potatoes. The naturally gluten-free potatoes ended up being delicious, and everyone talked about how good the potatoes were after prom. Thankfully, everything went smoothly, and I got to enjoy a fabulous prom!
Prom pictures are not complete without the pinning of the boutonniere of course :).

-Sema