Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Elephant Bar

The other day, my younger brother and I decided to take a walk down to Michaels, which is about a mile away. We packed water and a snack (always essential), and headed out the door. It felt great to get out of the house and actually walk somewhere. After stopping at Michaels to pick up a few things, we realized it was about lunchtime. I looked around, and found a restaurant right next to Michaels, but decided it was a bit too pricy and elegant for us. (We weren't exactly dressed up.) We kept walking down the sidewalk until we saw Chick-Fil-A. There are a few gluten free options there, like the grilled chicken salad, but the line was so long that we decided to skip it. It was quite some time before we got to another place to eat. We kept walking down until a restaurant named The Elephant Bar came up. I've been there before, so I know of their diverse gluten free menu. Our meal was healthy and wholesome, and I am very glad we went that extra mile (literally) for it.

-Sema