Sunday, April 6, 2014

Leftovers, but the Good Kind




Last week, I realized I would probably not have very much time to get ready for school in the morning (I can thank homework for that), so I decided to prepare my lunch the night before. Instead of having a sandwich, however, I had the night before's dinner. I took the meat off the chicken, added some steamed rice, and steamed green beens. For fun, I cut up a small cucumber and added it (fancy garnish right?). To drink I actually did not have that Starbucks refresher, I instead went with the Ocean Spray sparkling cranberry juice. On the side I had some peanuts, and for dessert I had an orange. It was quite the delicious combo!


-Sema

The steamed green beans had: a dash of garlic tomato sauce, onions, and salted peanuts.
The chicken was marinated with 1/3 cup of dijon mustard, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one clove of garlic!