It's the season for berry jam, and one of my favorite berries is the gooseberry. It grows in our backyard, so whenever it's gooseberry season, we always have a good supply of it. We had so many that we didn't really know what to do with all of it. That's when we decided to make jam! My mom and I found that this recipe was actually super easy, so it can be enjoyed by many!
Gooseberry Jam Recipe
6 cup gooseberries (¾ ripe (red), ¼ under ripe (green)
1 ½ cups water
4 cups sugar
1. Wash berries, place in saucepan with water, and bring to boiling.
2. Reduce heat and simmer until gooseberries are soft, approximately 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and measure pulp (about 4 cups) add sugar and boil 7-9 minutes.
4. Remove from stove, skim off foam and pour into hot, sterilized jars.
5. Seal with two-piece canning lids and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.