Wrapped Apple PieIngredients
For the outside (enough for two tortillas)
2 and a half teaspoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice (or you can just use cinnamon)
2 and a half tablespoons of unsalted butter
Gluten-free tortillas (I used Aldi's Live G Free brand)
For the inside
2 medium sized apples-cored and chopped
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 and a half cups water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. (For the inside) Add the chopped apples to a pan, and cover them with about 1 and a half cups water. It shouldn't cover them all the way.
3. (For the inside) Set the heat to medium, and cover the pan with a lid.
4. (For the outside) While that sits for 5-10 minutes, melt the butter in the microwave.
5. (For the outside) Add the pumpkin spice and the sugar to the melted butter.
6. (For the outside) Put your tortilla on a round pan, and using a brush, brush on the melted butter mixture to both sides of the tortilla.
7. (For the inside) Once your apples have softened for 5-10 minutes, add the cinnamon and drizzle honey on top.
8. (For the outside) Mix it together, and let it sit for another 5 minutes.
9. (For both) Now add the apple mixture to the tortilla and fold the tortilla.
10. Set it into the oven and wait for the tortilla to get a bit brown (but not burnt).
When it's done, take it out and add a little bit of the butter mixture to the exterior of the tortilla. You can add whipped cream (which I actually whipped with some pumpkin spice), and voila! you have apple pie! You can mash the leftover apples to make applesauce!
Apple Pie in an AppleNow for this, all you need to do is carve out an apple, and add in the apple mixture from the recipe above. Cut a tortilla into really small strips, and brush on the butter mixture. Weave them on top of the apple and set them into the oven for about 5 minutes (the oven should be at 350 degrees Fahrenheit)!
Be sure to tag your apple pie with #eatwithoutgluten so that I can see your creation!