Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Gluten-free Lemon Sugar Cookies
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup of softened butter
2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Andrea's Super Fine Grind Flour Blend)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2.Combine the the butter and white sugar and mix it until you reach a smooth consistency.
3. Add all the other ingredients except for the lemon.
4. Mix it until you reach a cookie-dough type of consistency.
5. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon, mixing it in as you go.
6. Take a cheese grater and create about a teaspoon of lemon zest by rubbing the peel of the lemon on the cheese grater.
7. Mix it all in and you've got yourself lemon-y cookie dough!
Now you can can let your creativity flow! I actually changed up each batch of cookies I made, making small cookies, big cookies, and even cookies with jam in the middle. That's the wonderful thing about baking your own cookies, you can do whatever you want with them.
Set your cookies in the oven to bake for about 10-15 minutes, and voila! you have delicious cookies that have the refreshing taste of lemon in them.