Tuesday, June 10, 2014
My Quick Fix Spaghetti Casserole
Pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
A quarter of an onion
Canned tomatoes (we canned our own)
Herbs like rosemary and parsley flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the pasta and add a dash of salt as it boils. (I cooked the pasta for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.)
3. After you drain the pasta, add a dash of olive oil and stir it around to make sure the spaghetti doesn't clump up.
4. For the sauce, sautee the onion and the mushrooms.
5. Add the canned tomatoes, (dash of) parsley flakes, and (dash of) rosemary, and let it sit for about 12 minutes with the lid on.
6. Mix the spaghetti and the sauce and add it to a baking pan.
7. Sprinkle shredded cheese and sausage pieces on top, and add it to the oven.
8. Take it out when the cheese is completely melted and your house smells heavenly.