Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dempsey Bakery

When you go to a bakery, you will see pastries lined up, modeling for the hungry eye. You'll see them decorated oh so carefully, but you just turn away, as you know you won't be able to eat them. Honestly, I've gotten used to it. Despite this, I still want the experience of going to a bakery and knowing that I can eat EVERYTHING.  Nikki Everett first introduced me to a great milk cake when she came to St. Louis, and she said it came from a place called the Dempsey Bakery that's located in Little Rock, AR. I shrugged and took a bite of the milk cake, and it was as if my taste buds decided to take a trip to heaven. I honestly have NEVER tasted a cake with that consistency. So, I may have eaten almost the entire cake in one day (hey I'm human right?). The funny thing is that if I hadn't come to Little Rock for the GFAF Wellness Event, I would have probably taken the trip just to go to the bakery.

The Dempsey bakery is an entirely gluten-free bakery, where you can browse many different selections knowing that you can eat EVERYTHING. It is also nut and soy free! I honestly felt so at home when I walked into the bakery. Mrs. Dempsey is the sweetest person, and she reminds everyone of a grandma you can go to when you are hungry :). She is honestly so welcoming, and I love the layout of her bakery- you will want to spend time there.
The blogger dinner for the GFAF Wellness event was at the Dempsey bakery, and I went to sleep that night with a VERY happy tummy.
Please 'like' her on Facebook, and be sure to stop by her bakery! When you do so, please say hello from me!
Doesn't she make you want to go visit her? (By the way her milk cake is amazing, please try some.)

-Sema