Monday, May 25, 2015
Easy Pavlova Cake!
6 room temperature eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Dash of white wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, we will only need the egg whites for this recipe.
3. Place the egg whites in a food mixer. That way you don't have to beat it by hand, because trust me, that would take a while.
4. Set the mixer on high, and start mixing until it turns into a creamy white substance.
5. SLOWLY add in the sugar in a thin stream, as to not clump anything up.
6. Add the vanilla, cornstarch, and vinegar.
7. Let it mix until it because so thick that it doesn't run out when you tilt it over.
8. Place parchment paper over a round oven pan. (I used a pizza pan and cut out a sheet of parchment paper to fit it.)
9. Evenly distribute the batter over the pan.
10. Set it into the oven for 1 hour.
1 pint of whipping cream
3 tablespoons of sugar (or however much you want to sweeten the cream)
Fruit of choice (I used blueberries and strawberries)
1. Whip the cream, adding in the sugar. You want to whip it until it becomes spreadable.
2. Wash, cut, and dry the fruit. I cut strawberries into little bits, and added blueberries.
Once your cake has cooled down, add the whipped cream, and top it with the fruit. The cake will be crispy on the outside, but creamy on the inside, and once paired with the fruit and whipped cream, it creates a delicious treat.
Voila! You have a dessert for every occasion! So the next time someone asks you to bring a gluten-free dessert, you won't break a sweat.