Sunday, February 7, 2016
Simple Gluten-free Cheesecake
1 1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup pitted Medjool Dates
Pinch of salt
2 packs of cream cheese
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Blend the walnuts into a powder. I didn't blend it all the way, because I wanted my crust to be a little nutty (but not too crazy!). Get it? Ha, I love food puns.
3. Cut the Medjool dates into small pieces and add it to the blender along with a pinch of salt.
4. Line the bottom of a round springform pan with parchment paper.
5. Pat down the walnut/date mixture to form the crust.
6. In a large bowl, add the packs of cream cheese and begin to beat them with an electric mixer.
7. Gradually add all the other ingredients of the filling, scraping the sides every time you add something.
8. Add your mixture to the springform pan and set it into the oven for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. When the sides begin to brown, you know it's done!
Chill it overnight in the fridge, and voila! You have a simple cheesecake!