Sunday, January 24, 2016
Gluten-free Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon shredded Parmesan cheese
4 1/2 mozzarella string cheese sticks (I used the low-fat kind).
1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (I toasted three slices of the Trader Joe's gluten-free bread and blended it)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine your gluten-free bread crumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, dried basil leaves, and Parmesan cheese
3. Cut your cheese sticks in half.
4. Beat your egg and put it into a separate bowl.
5. Coat your cheese stick in the egg and then coat it with the bread crumbs.
6. Lay the coated cheese sticks on a baking pan that's covered with parchment paper.
7. Repeat the last two steps if the cheese sticks aren't completely covered.
8. In a wok pan, add about 1/2 an inch of canola/vegetable oil. Heat the oil up until it's hot.
9. Turn down the heat and add the cheese stick. I fried them one at a time so that I didn't accidentally burn them. Fry each cheese stick on each side for about 10-15 seconds, or until the coating becomes a golden brown.
10. I put the cheese sticks in the oven for a few minutes to melt the inside a little bit more.
Voila! You have delicious mozzarella cheese sticks. You can add some pasta sauce to dip them in--it's a perfect combination.