Sunday, January 17, 2016
Gluten-free Fruit Roll-ups and Mango Walnut Candies
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3/4 cup of sugar
A handful of walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Peel and slice the mangoes into little bits and add them to a blender.
3. Puree the mangoes, and once they reach a smooth consistency, add the lemon juice and sugar.
4. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the mixture to a pot and set it on low heat for about 25-30 minutes, occasionally stirring until the mixture becomes thick.
6. Line the baking pan with parchment paper, and spread your mixture over it. Make sure that you spread it evenly.
7. Set it in the oven for 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours.
8. Take it out and let it cool enough to the touch.
Now this is where you have to options:
1. Cut it into strips and roll it into wax paper.
2. Cut it into larger strips, and add walnuts to strips, rolling them in. Cut them into smaller pieces.
Voila! You have two candy ideas that are equally delicious!