Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Week of Festivities

Happy April! I feel like I closed my eyes at the beginning of the semester, and now suddenly we are in April. Like I mentioned last week, this week has been quite difficult and long due to the multitude of exams and papers. Thankfully, this week marked the 100th anniversary of the Olin Business School, so there was a huge celebration for it! The best part was that I didn't even have to ask which finger foods were gluten-free--there were signs on each of the trays, marking the foods that were gluten-free, dairy-free, and other common allergen-free.
That extra step that they took made my life easier, and I was able to enjoy the festivities with everyone else. Yes, these fried items were gluten-free (I didn't just have to eat the salad items). If they hadn't had the labels, I would have gone to the caterer and asked which items were gluten-fee. It never hurts to ask, as most of the time there will be naturally gluten-free items available.
Yesterday, Daya came to our campus, and I had a wonderful time listening to her perform live. With clear skies and a great atmosphere, you could say it was a really good end to my rigorous week!

Although the beginning of the week wasn't quite festive, I have to say when we got to the end I got to celebrate the hardest part being over!

-Sema